Thursday 18 February 2010

When is an Enterprise Architect not an Enterprise Architect?

Answer: When in reality they are an Enterprise I.T Architect!

An Enterprise architect by definition should mean an architect that architects the business as a whole. However, most individuals who hold this title sit in I.T. and look outward to the business for guidance. In variably these folks architect the I.T. across the whole business i.e. an enterprise view. An enterprise architect seems to represent the most senior architecture role in I.T.

This causes confusion amongst all architecture roles including business architects and results in much discussion wherever business design and architecture is discussed.

Business architecture should be a subset of EA but invariably it isn't EA often plays with business architecture but doesn't incorporate it properly else we would see 80% business and 20% I.T. in EA; but in reality the reverse is true.

No comments:

Post a Comment