Friday 13 November 2009

Missing the Point

I rang a subcontracting training supplier of mine today to ask a question, the person in I needed was not there so I was asked if I could leave a message, great no problem.

However:

"Oh wait a moment I need to load some software".

"Can you write my name and number on a post it please",

"No, we have a CRM system to manage your contacts with us"

Few minutes passes...

"Can I have your postcode?"

"Do we really have to!"

"Yes we do, this is how me maintain our customer relationship".

Five minute later and the call closes....

Just write it on piece of paper and update the system after the call.

When we allow process and technology to annoy the customer in the pursuit of customer relationship management than we have lost the plot it seems to me.

This was a small business not some multi national call centre....should know better.

I put him right but I am not sure it sank in!!

2 comments:

  1. What are you complaining about? At least you got to speak to a person, not 3 minutes of recorded menus then an answering machine! Let's face it, for the type of customer service response you want, your supplier would have to pay more to employ someone who could a) write and b) think.

    ReplyDelete